We could all use a little quick extra cash sometimes.
And while I always advocate for setting up a sustainable side hustle for yourself, sometimes it's nice to just make a quick buck.
As it turns out, there are a ton of opportunities out there right now to make a some easy extra income (without even leaving your couch).
How is this possible?
Businesses like to give away thousands of dollars in gift cards and free money as a way of promoting their products, websites, and services. Most of these promotions require very little from you… usually just filling out a simple form with your email address and (sometimes) some other basic information.
I've put together of list of 5 of the best offers on the Internet right now. All of items on this list are free to sign up for, of course, and they are actually all really great services that I have either personally tried or am comfortable recommending to our readers. Even if there were no signup bonuses, I would still recommend these 5 companies; that's how good they are.
If you decide to take advantage of every item on this list, you can easily make an extra $100 or more in extra cash each month.
- 100+ Genius Ways to Make Extra Money
- From 0-$100k: How Anyone Can Start Blogging
- Make Money At Home: 10 Ways To Make An Extra $1,000 Each Month
- How to Make Money Driving for Uber
So, without further delay, here they are: the 5 companies giving away free quick extra cash right now.
1. Swagbucks: Fill Out Easy Surveys & Get a Free $5 Signup Bonus
Once you get past the gimmicky sounding name, it's easy to see why Swagbucks is one of the most respected companies in the online survey space.
Here’s how it works: for every survey you take, you are compensated in “Swagbucks”, also called SBs. You accumulate SBs, then convert them into cash, gift cards, or PayPal credit (aka cash).
Here’s a screen grab from their website– these guys are the real deal (plus, they have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau):
As it turns out, surveys are not the only way to make money with Swagbucks (which is why I love them so much). They have a bunch of different ways for you to earn:
- Cash back program for online shopping (Includes $5 bonus). This program is similar to Ebates, which I also recommend.
- Get paid for searching the web (Includes $5 bonus)
- Watching videos (Includes $5 bonus)
Use their web search tool (not a search engine, they just want to know what people search for), play videos on silent in another tab as you go about your day, and do a couple surveys a day when you’re bored at work. If you can consistently do that, your cash and rewards will add up quicker than you think.
Here are some other legit survey companies I recommend signing up for:
2. ShopTracker: They Pay You $39/Year to Have Their App on Your Phone
Do you regularly shop on Amazon? (Don't we all?)
With the app, you can earn free money every month by contributing to research to help companies understand how people are buying online.
They’ll instantly send you a free $3 Visa gift card, plus another $3 for every month you keep the app installed.
3. Stash: A Stupidly Easy Way to Invest, Plus a Free $5 Signup Bonus
Stash makes investing crazy simple. For most of us, that’s a good thing.
A lot of young people think they don't have enough money to start investing, but Stash changes that whole mindset; you can start investing using their app with just $5.
Seeing as how most financial advisors would require you to have well into 5 figures of investable cash before they even give you the time of day, Stash really is a game-changer.
And what's best, the app does most of the work for you.
You just pick what you are interested in investing in (like tech, or clean energy, or retail stores) and Stash instantly provides diversified portfolio options for you. From there you can setup the app to pull a few bucks a week from your bank account and start growing your money.
If you’re interested in investing, but have no clue to start, try starting with as little as $5 and let Stash do the rest. Better yet, Stash will spot you $5 just to get started.
4. MyPoints: $10 Free Amazon Gift Card For Signing Up
Have you heard of MyPoints? They are actually owned by the same company that owns Swagbucks, so we know these guys are the real deal.
We love them because (like the others on this list) they let you earn cash for the shopping you would do anyway.
And right now, they have a pretty sweet offer for new signups:
You can earn a $10 Amazon gift card when you spend $20 or more at any of their over 1,900 supported retailers!
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for MyPoints here (you just need to give them a name and email address).
- MyPoints will instantly send you an email to confirm your email address. You’ll need to confirm your email to get the free gift card.
- You’ll need to buy $20 worth of stuff at any of the more than 1,900 supported retailers. MyPoints will then reward you with points, which can be redeemed for a $10 gift card.
That’s all! Essentially a free $10. Plus all the cash back and discounts you’ll earn from ongoing use of MyPoints. This one’s a no-brainer.
5. Ebates: Another $10 Signup Bonus
Ebates has a similar story to Swagbucks and MyPoints. You sign up with your email address, make a $25 online purchase within 90 days, and get either $10 cash or a $10 Walmart giftcard. They’ll also give you $5 for any friends that you refer to them, which can add up quick.
Ebates is one of the most well-known cash back sites out there, and they have paid out over $366,000,000 to their members. And, four times per year (or more if you qualify), Ebates mails you a check or sends you a PayPal payment with your cash back. Just long enough to where you’re not expecting it, so it’s always a nice surprise when it comes in the mail!
Bonus Tip: eBates is currently offering 6% cash back on Groupon purchases- cash back on something that’s already deeply discounted. Dang.
Know of other ways to get quick extra cash? Let us know in the comments below!
Take Your Blog From $0 to $12k+ Per Month
In this FREE 7-day email course, you'll:
- Discover your perfect niche and how to write amazing content your readers will love (and share!)
- Learn the best ways to make money as a new blogger
- and more!
You'll usually see me on here writing articles about how to save (and make!) money, how to make smarter investment choices, and how to have a better overall financial life. If there's ever a topic you'd like to see me cover, shoot me an email!
Latest posts by Jeff Proctor (see all)
- 25 Fun Things to Do on a No-Spend Weekend - September 19, 2017
- 4 Easy Ways to Fix a Low Credit Score That Actually Work - August 23, 2017
- 10 Proven Ways to Save Electricity at Home - June 6, 2017